The CDV (Compact Digital VFO) is a Variable Frequency Oscillator suitable for homebrew radio transceivers and general signal generator applications.
The CDV is built on a very small PCB that holds all parts including the rotary encoder and OLED display.
This is a full kit containing everything you need. All SMD parts come pre-loaded with only a handfull of through hole parts to install.
See the Shop page for pricing and availability.
Construction manual: CDV manual
Features: 1. Two simultaneous outputs. One variable frequency and one fixed frequency.
2. Simple and flexible configuration through on screen menus.
3. Clear and bright low current OLED display.
4. Very small overall size.
5. Low power consumption.
6. PCB comes with all SMD parts pre-loaded.
7. Wide frequency range.
8. Easy mounting using the rotary encoder shaft.
9. Simple control via a rotary encoder and two small pushbuttons.
10. Selectable frequency steps.
11. Scanning function.
12. Receiver incremental Tuning (RIT).
13. RX/TX indication.
14. USB/LSB indication.
15. Power supply voltage display.
16. Automatic frequency adjustment when changing sidebands.
17. Calibration of frequency and voltage display.
18. Low power supply voltage warning.