The MDT (Minimalist Double Sideband Transceiver) is an inexpensive and easy to build kit for the 40M band.
Available in 2 frequency ranges: 7.050 - 7.130MHz or 7.215 - 7.300MHz.
It is ideal for the first time builder as all parts except the microphone socket are mounted on a single PCB and all the components are through hole. This is a full kit containing everything you need even the case and specially pre-cut and printed front and rear panels.
See the Shop page for pricing and availability.
Construction manual: MDT manual
Features: 1. Size 130mm x 100mm x 50mm.
2. Sensitive Direct Conversion receiver.
3. Up to 2W PEP power output.
4. Frequency range 7.050 - 7.130MHz or 7.215 - 7.300MHz.
5. Microphone amplifier accepts standard low impedance dynamic or Electret microphone with selectable on-board bias resistor.
6. LED transmit power and modulation indicator.
7. 3.5mm stereo headphone connector. Can power external loudspeaker.
8. Carrier suppression up to 50dB.
9. All spurious transmit outputs better than -46dBC.
10. Receive current approximately 50mA.
11. Transmit current approximately 250mA at maximum power output.
12. Reverse polarity protection using a series-diode.