Kits now being built in: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Uruguay, UK and USA.
******** These pages are updated regularly, so please remember to refresh your browser. ********
Discover the thrill of making contacts with a rig you built yourself.
www.ozQRP.com offers a range of kits to build a complete QRP SSB transceiver. The MST (Minimalist Sideband Transceiver) is an easy to build and fun to use single band SSB QRP transceiver for the 40M or 80M amateur bands. The MST transceiver follows a minimalist design making it inexpensive and simple to build yet still delivering excellent performance and being a pleasure to operate.
Below is a completed transceiver containing the MST transceiver board kit, DDS VFO kit and LED S meter kit.
Please note that the case and front panel shown are an example and are not included in the kits.
The MST board transceiver kit contains a complete transceiver except for a VFO. You can add a VFO of your own, as long as it has the correct frequency range and drive level, but to obtain best results it should be used with the companion DDS VFO.
Please note that the kit includes the PCB and specialised and hard to get parts only. The remaining parts are inexpensive and can be easily found at normal electronic outlets. You probably have many of them in your 'junk box' already. See the Shop page for a list of parts supplied in the kit.
1.Complete SSB transceiver on a single PCB (just add a VFO).
2. Superhet receiver using a 4 pole 10MHz crystal filter.
3. 5W PEP minimum power output using a rugged power MOSFET output stage.
4. Unwanted sideband suppression is typically 40dB.
5. All spurious transmit outputs below -45dBc.
6. AF and microphone gain controls.
7. Easy to adjust and set up.
8. Front panel LED transmit power and modulation indicator.
9. Plenty of audio output to drive a loudspeaker.
10. High quality double sided PCB with groundplane, solder mask and silk screen.
11. Simple and easy to build using all through hole components.
12. No complicated coil winding required. Uses inexpensive commercial coil assemblies for tuned circuits.
The DDS VFO offers drift free performance and features a clear backlit LCD display, selectable frequency steps and programmable IF offset.
This is a full kit which includes the PCB and all on-board parts including LCD and hardware. See the Shop page for more details.
1. Stable frequency – no more drift!
2. Simple to operate using a single rotary encoder control with press button switch.
3. Bright 16 character by 2 line LCD display. Can be used with non-backlight display to reduce current consumption.
4. Output frequency range of 1MHz to 10MHz.
5. Selectable 1KHz, 100Hz or 10Hz frequency steps.
6. Tuning lock control.
7. Displays power supply voltage.
8. Programmable IF frequency. Ensures the displayed frequency is the same as the transmitted frequency.
9. Programmable IF offsets: Minus, Plus, None.
10. Draws only 50mA at 13.8V DC (with LCD backlight).
11. Spurious outputs at least -45dB.
12. Typically 300mV pk-pk sine wave output.
13. High quality double sided PCB with ground plane, plated through holes, solder mask and silk screen.
14. Simple and easy to build using through hole components apart from one SMD chip. To assist constructors the PCB comes shipped with the SMD chip already installed.
Add a distictive and colourful S meter and Power meter to your MST. Have greater confidence when giving signal reports and keep an eye on your transmitted signal. With some minor changes it can be added to many other QRP rigs as well.
This is a full kit which includes the PCB and all on-board parts. It does not include mounting hardware. See the Shop page for more details.
1. Bright multi-colour LED display.
2. During receive displays ‘S’ levels of S3 through to S9+30dB.
3. During transmit displays output power from 0.25W to 5W PEP.
4. Default LED display is Bar, but may be configured for Dot display to minimize supply current.
5. Automatically switches between receive S unit and transmit power displays.
6. While specifically designed for use with the MST, can also be adapted to suit many other QRP rigs.
7. Quiescent current only 8.5mA at 13.8V DC and 46mA with all LEDs on.
8. High quality double sided PCB with ground plane, plated through holes, solder mask and silk screen.
9. Simple and easy to build using all through hole components.
10. Small PCB mounts directly to front panel.